45 Life Lessons
Anger, frustration and debilitating disappointment are all symptoms of being lost without direction, purpose or meaning. This weakens us collectively. It’s our problem.
If everyone did their part, picked up their share of the burden to improve the world, we would be free of dilemma and on the road toward progress. Based not on theory or data but on experience:
Here are my 45 Life Lessons to help you shoulder the responsibility for improvement
- Life is the ultimate creative act. Create your life rather than react to life
- Fear is useless what is needed is effort.
- Work on your roots. Don’t treat problems, cure them!
- Do everything with integrity.
- Build your character.
- Daily investment over the occasional view.
- Trust yourself.
- That feeling you have, what you alone know about yourself, the image of your destiny, keep it close.
- There is no power outside of you.
- Bring a spirited effort; energy, enthusiasm and enjoyment to everything you do.
- Don’t try to find yourself, invest in creating yourself.
- We are called to be more than human, and we must trust that we are capable.
- Don’t give resentment a home.
- A solid, confident core inevitably leads to a solid, productive and meaningful life.
- Find your life’s purpose in accepting responsibility.
- Work as hard as you possibly can on yourself.
- One of the most beautiful things you can do is deeply listen to another human being.
- Human connection is vital.
- Sleep is underrated.
- Speak only the truth
- Respect those not present in the conversation.
- Negativity will find you. Positivity and growth have to be pursued and injected.
- Find people you respect and imitate their efforts.
- It’s liberating to discover for yourself what works.
- Be a model not a critic.
- Lead your life
- Be true to the best in you.
- Don’t judge, label and accuse.
- Make your life a living dialog of goodness.
- You can’t hit a target you don’t aim for.
- Do everything to elevate humanity and nothing to diminish it.
- Notice your mood before anyone else does.
- Self-management is underrated.
- Be an Advocate.
- Emotions are overwhelmingly powerful, and you are full of them!
- Lack of awareness, insight and understanding stunts your growth.
- Create results every day, so you don’t have to live with consequences.
- Recognize the easy access to goodness.
- Life is not problematic or agitating, you are.
- Health and fitness are not found in a doctor’s office.
- Writing is under-appreciated as a highly effective self-realization strategy.
- Inspire interest, engagement and action wherever you go.
- The mind is your servant not the master.
- Humanity is much loftier than anyone can imagine.
- You can do it. We should do it. We must do it!
Brian Braudis is creating an improvement movement at Civility@Work. Join the conversation, contribute, make your voice heard.
Sign up for our newsletter..
More from Brian here.
© Brian Braudis 2019, All rights reservedTags: Action, Effort, Life Lessons, Responsibility