Allowing the Year to Unfold
Here we are in a new year with everything in front of us. Rather than approaching our days entrenched, inflexible and fighting back with rigidity, let’s try Allowing the Year to Unfold.
Oftentimes the way forward requires merely a shift in perspective. When you change the way you look at things, those things change the way they look.
Don’t complicate things more than they need to be. I suggest you do one thing to foster a natural unfolding, shift and reduce negativity, Allowing the Year to Unfold……
The outer always reflects the inner. A snappy response, an over reaction, what you see on the outside is a good indication of what is being fed from the inside. Let’s reduce the “incoming.”
I mentioned in the October 30 Memo that researchers found the average person has ~60,000 thoughts per day, 80% of which are negative and 90% are completely repetitive.
So begin by increasing your awareness of the voices in your head. When we are absorbed by these voices, we become absent. When the master is absent all kind of shady characters can move in.
Here are six more ways to sharpen your awareness, reduce and stop feeding the negative.
- Yield rather than resist. Anytime you resist anything you invite more resistance. Resistance hardens, closes, and creates a shell. Resistance inhibits. Yield and work with what’s in front of you no matter what it is and watch people and circumstances become helpful and things begin to unfold in your direction.
- Notice the negativity in the world, in others, in you. Not to judge and condemn, just notice for your own growth and awareness. Ahhhh…. there it is!
- The U.S. population is approximately 323 million people but the news singles out and highlights 4 or 5 bad actors every broadcast. Hmmm what’s their agenda?
- As you stand in the checkout line and scan the tabloids ask yourself; are they selling news or negativity?
- Notice the propensity to complain and find fault. Notice the judging and labeling of others based on their missteps or faults alone.
- Notice the energy used and the enjoyment derived from making the other person wrong.
When you become aware of those voices in your head you suddenly realize those voices are not you. They have been deceiving you and misinterpreting situations all along………… and now you have the opportunity for a fresh start.
I recognize this is hard to do. You will be moving counterculture. But I also know you become your best self through reading books, Morning Memos AND finding the best in yourself and allowing it to naturally unfold.