We have been hearing ad-nauseam that as a result of the 2016 presidential election the level of Uncertainty and the concern about what could happen in the U.S. is unprecedented.
Cable news, social media sites and the Internet are overjoyed to do our thinking for us (it’s good for business)—even close friends and relatives while perhaps not intentional, handicap us through opinion. Opinions are the lowest-level, cheapest commodity on Earth.
Uncertainty is nothing new…think May 28th, 1940 when Belgium surrendered to Hitler. Think The Great Recession of 2007-2009. There have been cries of uncertain time throughout Millennia.
Rather than following along we should be leading our own thoughts and reaching our own decisions. Here’s what I know for sure:
- Fear and uncertainty are states of mind. There’s no fuel or potential here.
- Potential appears and we fuel up when we shift to optimism and hopeful.
- Mediocrity and poverty need no extra effort. They will find you.
- We are the captain’s of our fate.
- Faith is the starting point; it gives life to our ideas and power to our thoughts.
I know for sure you can be your Captain
Books That Speak To You: Hear an excerpt from Brian’s audiobook.