Today’s focus,Personal Development is the one thing that makes all the difference, giving any endeavor on-the-ground traction.
Personal Development Example
For example, I have seen this play out with people and leadership for over 25 years. Two people attend the same executive leadership program. One climbs the organizational ladder grows and flourishes as a leader, the other plateaus, becomes cynical and burns out.
One candidate leader viewed the training as a starting point while the other viewed it as the boring end. The difference is not the program but the involvement and development of the individual within the program that makes the difference.
This is true for leadership, entrepreneurship, personal fitness and playing any musical instrument. Through development mastery is realized.
As you pursue not the life you can get but the life you want, always keep a development strategy in front of you.
Heed these 5 truths:
- We do not come to be completely self-developed, fully confident and well expressed naturally from birth.
- One of the most pragmatic things you can do is to strengthen and deepen your Self. You will be relying on your self as an asset the rest of your life…..shouldn’t you be the best asset you can be?
- Personal-empowerment is derived from self-development.
- Training is instruction development is enlargement
- There is no quick fix. You always reap what you sow.
“The men who succeed are the efficient few. They are the few who have the ambition and will power to develop themselves.” Herbert N. Casson