Reflecting on the life of Muhammad Ali, one can easily see he led and directed his life with purpose, boldness and impact. He blazed so many trails and broke so many traditional boundaries while changing the meaning of sport, we would do well to internalize the lessons and create our own version of his impact.
Ali excelled at pushing the envelope. He didn’t let it affect his drive that he was:
- Criticized for being to bold.
- Presumed to be arrogant not confident.
- Presumed to be not just alarming but scary.
Ali faced rejection—the news media wouldn’t call him by his new chosen name for a long time. He was jailed and reviled but he never gave an inch and eventually he was loved.
Here are a few of Ali’s quotes to give you an idea of his “operating system.”
- He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
- I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
- I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.
- Don’t count the days; make the days count.
- If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it—then I can achieve it.
- Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given, than to explore the power they have to change it.
Any entrepreneur or independent professional can learn multitudes from how Ali led his life.
Brian’s Amazon Author Page:https://www.amazon.com/author/brianbraudis