Typical motivational gurus swear that looking in the mirror every morning and complimenting yourself will increase self worth and confidence. I disagree vehemently. It’s a pet peeve with me…you know, platitudes, fluff; a wish that won’t come true. Invest in YOU to enhance self worth.
What does works is based on research. Be forthright and honest with yourself. We aren’t perfect we are perfectly human. We have intrinsic self-worth that can’t be diminished by any rejection, failure or snub.
Here’s what to remember about Self Worth
- If a frown is sent your way it says more about the sender than you.
- It takes a lot of practice and effort so begin now to condition yourself to be positive.
- Develop an attitude of gratitude it over rides negative.
- Catch negative thoughts before they become self-talk and self-beliefs.
- Give yourself a break when you don’t do as well as you know you can.
- Celebrate where you’ve done well. Make your successes concrete.
When our self-worth comes from our humanity, our intrinsic worthiness it’s foundational and much less easily shaken by day-to-day wear and tear.
Brian’s Online Private Coaching Programs
Brian’s Book and Audio Programs