Today’s focus: Control : I received a call form a High School friend. His doctor gave him strict orders to change or face a diabetes diagnosis within one year.
My friend Rich said to me, “I feel like gaining 10 pounds just to show my doctor who is really in charge.”
Even though my opinions and feelings on change are strong, I usually don’t coach people unless I’m asked. Rich asked and as I spoke about change, ownership, responsibility and who is really in charge it came to me that this coaching could be applied to all of life.
Rich and I discussed Control
- You are in charge but it is also your health at stake.
- Do you want to be right and successful?
- Place yourself in charge of your destiny.
- Begin to actively design your future.
- Don’t wait, do it now.
- Exploit the early warning to your advantage.
- You’re most important, don’t be concerned with what others think.
- You have power over you health and your life, use it.
- You are in charge.
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Brian’s Book and Audio Programs
Brian’s Online Private Coaching Programs