Today’s focus: Rationalization: I work with people coaching, conversing, dreaming, planning and forwarding their action. It is my role to point out irregularities, disharmony or lack of alignment.
I have found the human condition is to rationalize when we are incongruent and out of integrity. Rather than just saying, “I have not taken the corrective action necessary to meet my stated goals but from this moment forward, I commit, I will.”
Too often I hear:
- Yes, I’m over weight but my job and family life is too demanding.
- I can’t help it if I’m a foodie. What am I supposed to do stop eating?
- I’m quitting my certification program because of that -#*#*^ instructor not because of anything to do with me!
- I’m not a leader. I wasn’t born to be a leader. I was born not to be a leader.
- Entrepreneurship is not for me I just can’t do it.
I am not suggesting that we have to be under constant acceleration. But if you want to achieve something extraordinary or just something different, that desire is manifest through action. Daily action toward your goal not occasional visits to proposed action.
“Rationalizations make inaction tolerable.”
Brian’s Online Private Coaching Programs