You’ve heard the mantra, “there is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone.” Sure, but how do we get comfortable in the growth zone? How do we create a breakthrough? Well, one thing is for sure, we don’t create a breakthrough by stopping. Breakthroughs come from staying with the effort. To stay with any effort (through discomfort) we must find support.
Two friends, Jane and Sue were determined to change, lose weight and become fit. They joined a weight loss program. One quit the program and one is still at it today after losing 71 pounds. What happened?
- Dogged determination was not enough.
- Will power was not enough.
- Reaching milestones and goals was not enough.
What made it work was the support.
Here are three things to remember about stepping out of your comfort zone:
- The Challenges Side of any Change usually comes from you along with will power, perseverance and determination.
- The Support Side of Change comes from your coach or your peer group.
- Harness these two sides of Change to your engagement and action and you become unstoppable!
To read the entire post about Jane and Sue’s effort click here.
Brian’s Online Private Coaching Programs