Personal Success: The 1% Club
Personal Success isn’t mysterious. It’s mathematical. And more importantly, it’s possible!
The more time you invest improving YOU, the higher you’ll go.
The power to excel exponentially at improving is in joining The 1% Club. If you invest diligently to get 1% better each day, in one year your investment will reap a ~38% improvement. Imagine where you could be in 5, 10 or 20 years? The real power here is to invest a little each day and watch (or feel) the improvement climb. Don’t sweat the numbers. Just know they are there.
Bear in mind it works the other way too. Doing nothing puts you in jeopardy of losing 1% each day and in one year under this scenario you’re not just older, you have declined.
In The Beginning
Early on, as a teenager, I wanted(scratch that) needed to improve. I was declining and falling behind rapidly, so I started my 1% Club effort toward personal success in these areas:
- Physical Health—sleep 7-9 hours. Move more each day. Eat better.
- Emotional Intelligence—increase attention and awareness to what is pushing my buttons. Thoughts lead to emotions that lead to actions that can bring results or consequences.
- Mental Well-Being—the essential muscle that needs the most exercise. Read, pause, and reflect. Notice. Be present. Lead your thoughts. Don’t allow them to lead you.
- Spiritual—spiritual health is not religion. Religion is fine, but I’m talking about reducing negativity and encouraging gratitude and clarity for reality. Seeing the world as it is rather than how I am. Develop an inner constancy, an integrity that can withstand conflict, turmoil, a setback, rejection or a serious blow.
You could be declining or at least not improving if for example, you feel people, situations, the universe is agitating you.
“Do you imagine the universe is agitated? Go into the desert at night and look at the stars. This practice should answer the question.” –Lao Tzu
Once you start, the compound effect will be on your side. You can’t help but improve. There’s no stopping you. This daily investment and sustained effort is what helps you with the highly worthwhile effort to become the best version of yourself.
Why does this matter? Because humanity is much loftier than we could ever imagine.
Things to remember about Personal Success:
- Everyone begins as a novice.
- Early on visible results may be hard to see. Develop the courage not to be discouraged.
- Don’t compete with others. That will needlessly drain you. Run your race. Lead your life.
Success in The 1% Club requires a focused effort on simple disciplines and practices every day. Failure is comprised of errors in perception, interpretation reaction, and judgment, repeated every day.
© Brian Braudis 2019, All rights reservedTags: 1% Club, Personal Success, Strategy